Built by Lord Dunmore, the remains of Winton’s Battery is approximately 10 miles to the east of Nassau near the present day Winton residential subdivision. In 1949 the Development Board cleared the area around the Battery and made it accessible to visitors.
POTTER’S CAY BATTERY
Potter’s Cay Battery stands on a mount at Potter’s Cay and was built in 1780s during the governorship of Lord Dunmore. It was also a part of the restoration efforts of 1949. In 1990, archaeological excavations were conducted at the Battery.
For more information email email@example.com